Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Tale of One Side Dish

I just realized that I'm pretty sure I don't have any actual side dishes on this blog. Biscuits, sure, but we need to eat our veggies, too. I was surprised at the interesting and bright flavors in this dish. There is a little bit of bitterness in the dish. Neither hubs nor I minded it, but you could probably boil the chard a bit first to reduce that. I say try it this way first and see what you think!

(look how pretty! love!)

Don't be scared of the dark greens! They will treat you well!

Rainbow Chard
Adapted from no one! (Go me!)

1 bunch of rainbow chard, stemmed and roughly chopped (or torn)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 - 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. pine nuts, lightly toasted
salt and pepper, to taste

Thoroughly wash the chard. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chard and cook until just wilted. Splash with the vinegar and mix in the pine nuts. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Easy day!


Be surprised that "greens" taste so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment