Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ready for Summer

I think we are officially ready for summer - today we had a new storm door installed, hubby stained and sealed the deck, we had pasta salad for dinner and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Anyone who knows me know that I love tuna. Tuna pasta salad? Count me in! Actually, I've had this bookmarked since December! I don't know why it took me so long to make it. It will not take me so long to make it again!
The original recipe called for spinach as well, but I accidentally forgot it. I'm not even sure I would add it next time. Although spinach is delicious, this pasta dish really wasn't missing anything. I loved the crunch of the radishes, peas, and pickles. The sauce is tangy and delicious. All in all, this salad is a perfect combination of ingredients and I already can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow!

Tuna Pasta Salad with Radishes and Snap Peas
adapted from Joy the Baker

1/3 c. mayonnaise
1 – 2 tsp. grain mustard
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ c. radishes, sliced
1 c. sugar snap peas, trimmed
1/3 c. pickles, chopped
1/3 c. green onions, sliced
1 can tuna, drained and crumbled
Parmesan, sliced or grated
Pasta

Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Immediately drain and rinse under cool water. Mix together the pasta with the radishes, peas, pickles, onions, and tuna. Add about half the mayonnaise mixture and blend well, then add the other half and mix until well combined. Sprinkle parmesan on top.

Prepare yourself for a fabulous summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment